My Dear Jane blocks are multiplying and I'm enjoying this project more than I imagined. Though it's just a dent in the puzzle, I have 11 blocks complete, including a few simple ones I made ahead of the group. It may take an hour or two to finish a block, but it's a small accomplishment in itself and I am proud to hold a finished block in my hands. I have learned so much already, including my new favorite technique: freezer paper applique. As the blocks increase in difficulty, I will definitely earn my stripes!
Here is a link to my Dear Jane blocks in flickr if you want to take a peek at the individual blocks themselves. Since I chose not to buy the cd software, I am using Sharon Mastbrook's Virtual Design Wall (pictured above), which gives me a sense of how my somewhat randomly placed shades of purple will look together in the completed quilt.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Isn't it great to see them all in their little spots on the quilt? Yours look lovely.
Really nice. I love all the purple.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.
- Jen
Post a Comment