
I had the good fortune of seeing
this amazing quilt exhibit in NYC today. It showcases 650 antique red & white quilts all owned by one generous collector in conjunction with the American Folk Art Museum. Each quilt is interesting in it's own right, but the entire collection shown in such a modern display is one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing works of art I've seen. The exhibit is free and runs through Wednesday the 30th, so if you are anywhere in the area you must see it while you can!

Throughout the year the
American Folk Art Museum is also displaying a large collection of it's quilts. My mom and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit there in February. Many interesting and beautiful antique and contemporary quilts to admire. Quilting has been on the backburner for me for a while, but I'd love to find some time (and space) to start it up again, especially after viewing these beauties!
8 comments:
My friend, Fran, and I were at that show on Saturday. We took the train from PA, went to the show and then back home at night. What an amazing collection and how generous of Mrs. Rose to share with all of us. The quilts are wonderful and the way they were displayed was breathtaking!! So glad you were able to see the show, too. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Judie
I took the train to NYC from Boston on Saturday just to see the exhibit. It was amazing!
Oh I do wish I lived over your side of the ocean - I'd have loved to see this exhibit - cool idea and an amazing way to exhibit the quilts!
Gorgeous! I wish I could have seen them. Thanks for taking such great photos!
I would love to have seen it. What a stunning display!
That's amazing! I have one of those! Wish I could have seen it.
Binance forgot password|Binance phone number
Password is the key to your Binance account and forgetting it is not an easy thing as you are unable to open your account. You can always ask for assistance and advice from the 24/7 available Binance Support Number and speak to the well-profiled executives who know all the tricks and methods to deal with such all of sudden errors. They will guide you in right direction with the right procedure and right techniques in Binance account. So don’t need to worry and ping on our customer care number and discuss your issues with the experts. So call on support phone number and get the best solution.
it is USA Digitizers for here 875&^5&^454&4&^
Post a Comment