Amy's hosting an online quilt festival. If you click through the link above you'll find some fabulous quilts and blogging quilters. There's also a flickr group for browsing. For my showcase, here's the Spellbound Spiderwebs quilt that I completed in June.
It was a real challenge for me to work through - not that it was hard, just tedious and time consuming. For the spiderwebs, I used small cutting scraps that might have been thrown away otherwise and pieced them onto the foundation fabric (Kona snow). Each large block required about 2 hours to piece. It definitely left me with a real sense of accomplishment.
You can read more details about it here. Thanks for stopping by!

78 comments:
I've always loved this one! It's just beautiful!
I'm blown away by this quilt! I love the two different sized webs...beautiful!
Congratulations on sticking with it........you did a beautiful job...........and save loads of itty-bitty pieces from the trash can (I feel guilty now for cleaning my cutting table so ruthlessly this week !) Hee !
It's beautiful. Amazing how all the colors pull together and give such a good result!
so so beautiful. the use of scraps is awesome...and makes for a lovely quilt. I love the 2 sizes of webs, fantastic!!
This is a BEAUTIFUL quilt!
Fabulous. Love how you used all the scraps.
FABULOUS quit! Love the dark teal binding with the dots on back!
Wow, I can tell just by looking at it how much time went into it - it's beautiful!
VERY PRETTY..LOVE IT!
Looks great! it all paid off! love that backing choice. ORaNge! my favorite color!!
Spellbound Spiderweb is incredible!! Thank you for linking us back to the original post - great inspiration.
Gorgeous!!!!!
So beautiful!
I remember when you were working on this quilt!! I still absolutely love it. Nice job!
Great quilt - I love the texture the quilting gives it.
that is a very great quilt! you did an amazing job on it!!
great colours great layout and great back too. I love Bonnie Hunter's patterns and info.
I've always been intrigued by spiderweb quilts and yours is a beautiful example of the process/technique. I like the look of the webs against the Kona snow background (my favorite white fabric), giving it such a clean look.
Terrific!!
--ELIZABETH E,#115
oh my goodness i love it, the spiderwebs, the teal binding and the orange backing. it is really a show stoppper! i need to learn how to make spiderwebs!
Your spiderweb quilt has a strong personality! One of my absolute favorite quilts this year!
Your quilt is bound to inspire many of us to put our scraps to use! It's absolutely beautiful.
I've added this post to my "inspiration" file!
This is TRULY beautiful! I'm so inspired...even though..didn't you use the word tedious? that part I don't like. :)
Wow! That is such a fun quilt. You should be quite proud of your work! Nicely done!
That is such a great quilt! I can't imagine the time you had to have spent on it. Beautifully done!
Awesome quilt! The colors are amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!
Nice looking quilt
I keep coming back to this page. I really love this quilt!
Beautiful! Well worth the effort!
lovely!
What a beautiful quilt - I love the colours and the use of 2 different size spider webs. Your quilting looks great - I love the crinkly look.
Beautiful! The more time I spend going through this virtual quilt show the longer my list of quilts to make gets!
This is amazing! It looks like it took hours and hours of work! And its so beautiful!
Arabella
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The colors are amazing and your spiderwebs are fabulous! I am so intimidated by all the work in this one, but with these stunning results, I may have to try! : )
Wow!!! What a fabulous quilt!! I love the different size spider web blocks. I've always been intimidated by that pattern. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
I'm a huge fan of the two sizes as well - I don't think I would have tried the spiderweb if I hadn't seen this quilt. But I did see it and am just trying to pick out the right foundation fabrics and do some math before I dive in.
Thank you for the inspiration!!
This quilt is just gorgeous! I'm so impressed, and what a great way to use up those little scraps.
Wonderful scrap quilt! I'm enjoying looking at all the different fabrics.
Gorgeous! I love how this turned out. The white makes your patterned fabrics pop. The spider web pattern is such a fun design!
An unusually charming quilt that really pops out at you. Is there a spider around anywhere?
Trina, I'm a regular follower of your blog, and I still LUV this quilt...so gorgeous...
I called you Trina in my comment...i'm such a fool sometimes...sorry!
So vibrant and pretty - well done!!!
This is so gorgeous! I've always wanted to make one of these, but I'm a bit intimidated by it, I must admit. yours turned out gorgeous.
That's EPIC! I'm in awe of your quilting. All I do is break needles. lol I'm here following the Blogger's Quilt festival btw.
Vicki
That came out beautiful, and I love that you used those bitty scraps!
this might have taken you a while to finish but it is so worth it...it is absolutely beautiful!!! it also muct have been so satisfying to make that with scraps!!!
I really love this quilt, it is just stunning. The colors are great and I love that you used different sizes. I can't imagine how long this took you.
Magnificent quilt!
Such a beautiful quilt. I may have to make a spider web quilt someday
Spider web quilts are so beautiful and so much fun to make with scraps.
I really like how you used two different sized spider webs- it really adds interest to the design.
Thanks for sharing your quilt-
Enjoy the show.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Lovely quilt - I think that I have a spiderweb quilt hiding in me...
Oh my, this is amazing! I am trying to make my way through the quilt festival. There are so many lovely quilts to look at.
Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/
This is really incredible. I would love to make a quilt like this someday.
oh woww - it's beautiful - and I don't like scrap quilts usually.
Wow, I love the quilt! It makes me want to make a spiderweb quilt of my own, even with each block taking 2 hours! Excellent job!
Great quilt!
Your spiderweb quilt is stunning! I love scrap quilts and this looks like it would certainly use up the scraps. Thanks for sharing thi quilt!
This is one of my favorite quilts out there! LOVE it!
Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! One of my favorites so far! Great job!
Love it! Love the scrappiness. I know scrappy usually means more work, but it really paid off here!
Fabulous quilt! Thanks for sharing.
I like the two different sizes. I like spiderweb quilts, but the time consuming part doesn't appeal too much.
Awesomw
I'm itching to make a string quilt of 'waste' fabric myself - thanks for a beautiful example!
This quilt is stunning! I love it!
Paulette
Amazing! I love the different sizes of the webs and scraps :)
Lovely!
beautiful!
Where can I find your spiderweb string pattern? I love it.
it's an awesome quilt...hard work really pays off with great self satisfaction...great workdone
I love this quilt! I love the white background! Thanks for sharing!
It is gorgeous!
I love this quilt. I just recently joined my first quilting bees and one of them is a spider web bee. Most of the women are using the Quiltville Tutorial but I don't really care for the large kite effect in the middle. I was wondering if you had any advice on how to do something more like this. Of course if I do end up doing something along these lines I would link back to your quilt as inspiration and give credit for helping me with the process. I hope you and the baby are both coming along great. Hope to see more of your work soon. Thanks.
stunning! what an achievement. I just love it.
x
I truly think your spider web quilt is the best I've ever seen. Love the variety of spider web sizes, as well as the lovely fabrics, plus the quilting is perfect. Just beautiful.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
I can't look at this quilt enough. It is beautiful and just perfect for the chair it is on. Superb and cheerful use of browns, the binding and the backing are ... well ... genius!
I wanted to show you a quilt top that I just finished that was inspired by this quilt - http://quiltfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/03/spiderweb-selvage-quilt-top.html - I can't wait to get it quilted so the piecing lines in the white 'disappear' :)
Post a Comment